ABEL Building Systems assists schools, businesses, warehouse and industrial sites, assisted living facilities and more with fire alarm and security system solutions. One question we are often asked is, do I really need some type of security system, cameras or CCTV?
To simplify, let’s talk about businesses and cameras/CCTV. Let’s say a large business enterprise decision-maker wonders if video surveillance is a luxury or a need. The easiest way to answer that question is to look at some quick facts:
- A survey conducted by the American Management Association indicated:
- Almost half (48%) of the companies surveyed use video monitoring to counter theft, violence and sabotage.
- Seven percent use video surveillance to track employees’ on-the-job performance.
- Most employers notify employees of anti-theft video surveillance (78%) and performance-related video monitoring (89%).
- It is a fact that there is a decrease in criminal activity when there is knowledge that “someone is watching.”
- Cameras or CCTV shed light on the truth of a variety of matters ranging from dishonesty to criminal theft.
These are only a few of the facts that decision makers and building owners in the marketplace will want to keep in mind when analyzing their security system needs – in particular here we are talking about cameras and CCTV systems. Speaking with a reputable security professional and learning about the different systems available and having a frank discussion about budget and video/security system needs is invaluable.
The main thing to keep in mind is that protecting all you have strived to build as well as the people who count on you or your company is not a decision to take lightly. When you’re ready, learn all you can about different products available and take a proactive measure to protect yourself, your business, your customers and your employees. We are a proud supplier of Avigilon CCTV products.